Friday 18 January 2008

An Irish Tory?

Yes, there are such creatures as Tories that happen to be Irish! I am attempting to keep a diary, a record of my thoughts and life. I wish to put across an alternative view, an unpopular view, a despised view of this world.

Tories are by nature deeply suspicious of romanticism, sceptical of 'progress', and wary of those who seem so determined to overturn everything they see around them, from morality to the family, from faith in God to the sanctity of property!

I am Irish, there are not many Irishmen who describe themselves as Tories, in fact it would be considered by many to be treason to describe oneself as an Irish Tory, an oxymoron, an impossibility, or at the very least unlikely!

I am not a slavish anglophile, although there are many things to admire in that nation, I am not a believer in the protestant supremacy or even of the Union of 1801.

I do, however, reject the modern and republican mythology of the 'Irish Republic' or 'Eire' and all the violence and bloodshed and brutality associated with it.

I am a Tory by nature, by temperament and by conviction. Ideology is dangerous, purity and demand for it by anyone, must in all ages be suspect, and must be rejected. Toryism is mostly about just wanting to be left alone, to be free of brutal, thieving and lying politicians, those same people who demand 'change' and 'reform', these agents of the devil. We must reject them, their lies and evil ambitions.

We must be Tories!

0 comments: